Paddle Blackline Cutting Board By BlackCreek Mercantile & Trading Co.
These stunning black cutting boards from the Blackcreek Mercantile & Trading Co. immediately stand out with their understated beauty and superior craftsmanship. Produced in limited batches, each board is handcrafted from a single piece of sustainably harvested white oak. The distinctive dark finish is the result of a completely natural reactive process that makes use of the tannic acid inherent in white oak to develop a deep, durable, food-safe dye. No pigments are used to create this deep black color—the source comes from within the wood itself—a bit of natural sorcery that delights and surprises!
In stock (can be backordered)
- material: white oak, food-safe natural dye, mineral oil finish
- available in 3 styles (measurements include handle)
- small: 8” wide x 16” long
- large: 8” wide x 20” long
- paddle: 5” wide x 26” long
- wood grain and wood color will vary
- hand wash with soap and water (some color may bleed initially)
- oil often
- handmade in Kingston, New York
Wood grain will vary and some variation in color is to be expected. Natural dyes will “wear” over time developing a rich patina unique to each board and how it is being used. Highly acid food will affect the natural finish. We recommend you hand wash your board and oil it often with one of our cutting board oils to keep it looking beautiful for years to come. Over time oiling will give wooden boards a healthy sheen and protective coating. This coating allows wooden cutting boards to be washed with soap on a regular basis without drying out and cracking.