OGK Daybed Black – By Ole Gjerløv-Knudsen
Minimal in design with mid-century modern leanings, our OGK Safari Daybed is an absolute knockout. But there’s more to it than mere good looks—visitors to our shop can’t believe how comfortable it is to lounge on. It’s generously proportioned, allowing you to host overnight guests in gracious style, or to simply set up for your own indoor “glamping.” The daybed is a snap to set up. Made of interlocking beech wood poles and a linen cover, you can assemble it in mere minutes, no screws or tools required. It comes in a handy bag with shoulder straps should you decide to move it to the backyard or take it with you on a weekend getaway. Offered in two colors, the daybed pairs beautifully with our OGK Safari Chair.
Ole Gjerløv-Knudsen (OGK) trained as a cabinetmaker in Copenhagen and later majored in furniture design from the Danish Royal Academy of Fine Arts. The story goes that the designer felt sorry for his son who was heading off on a camping trip and he didn’t want him to sleep on the ground. Viola—the Safari Daybed was born!
Please be sure to read our return policy before ordering.
- designed in 1962 by Ole Gjerløv-Knudsen (Midcentury Danish Design)
- materials: untreated beech, jute/linen blend cover & carrying bag, sisal rope
- color: black/stained wood with black cover
- size: 80” long x 29” wide x 13" high
- do not tighten rope too much or it could snap!
- suitable for outdoor use, but protect the canvas from water to avoid water stains.