Clare V. Market Bag By Apolis Global Citizen – Merci Beaucoup
Our favorite shopping bag is handcrafted by an artisan women’s co-op in Bangladesh. Perfect for trips to the farmer’s market, grocery store, or even the beach, it is amply sized to carry a full market haul of fresh vegetables, groceries, or beach essentials. Made of natural jute it has a waterproof easy-to-clean lining and handles made of natural vegetable-dyed leather reinforced with nickel rivets. Sturdy and beautifully handcrafted with attention to detail, we know we’ll enjoy this bag and its timeless good looks for many years to come, wherever we happen to roam.
In stock (can be backordered)
- materials: 100% recyclable jute fiber, waterproof oilcloth lining, leather
- colors: natural jute with brown handles
- blue/white/red screen-print on one side, black Global Citizen print on other
- 13½" wide x 18" high x 9" deep - 6" x 7" inside pocket
- a special design collaboration between Apolis and Clare V.
- artisan crafted by a women’s cooperative through Apolis’s Global Citizenship Project in Bangladesh
Apolis, which translates as “global citizen”, was founded in Los Angeles in 2004 by brothers Raan and Shea Parton as a socially motivated lifestyle brand. Believing that the most valuable way to create lasting change is to invest in people, Apolis produces 60% of their collection in Los Angeles, with the remaining 40% produced through advocacy projects with artisan cooperatives and non-profits in Uganda, Peru, Bangladesh and Nepal.